There’s a laundry list of items to keep in mind when you’re a high-growth company, and things like board meeting prep and invoicing optimizations can take precedence over something like sales tax. But the complexity and fluidity of sales tax for SaaS products state-to-state make overlooking sales tax an expensive thing.
Here is a high level of what this checklist covers:
- Find out where you have nexus (including determine what kind of nexus you have, thresholds, and more)
- Determine which products you’re selling are taxable (including how to do an audit of your product catalog)
- Register for sales tax (including whether you should consider a voluntary disclosure agreement)
- Put sales tax on your invoices (including how state requirements come into play)
- File your sales tax return
Download the guide to dive into the details.